2016 is a leap year, and this makes so much difference to the Valentine’s Day. It is believed that on the Valentine’s Day in a leap year, a girl is eligible to propose the guys she is in love with. And guess what? The guy is not supposed to decline the proposal. So girls, grab the once in four years chance and make that dream boy all yours.
Now this won’t be as easy a task isn’t it? A little extra effort may just take you an extra mile to make him believe that you are just the one for him too.
So here we bring some really easy ideas to make the cake perfect for Valentine’s Day celebrations.
1. Rose Petals: Nothing can represent Valentine’s better than lush red rose. Bake a simple cake at home, or order a cake online of your choice and gently place some fresh red rose petals all over. Your cake is all ready to celebrate.
2. Strawberries /Raspberries: Another red to rely upon. Delicate looking red berries can make so much difference to love cake. Just slit the berry into two delicate halves, and place the same all over the top and the edges. An ice white cake would complement the red berry the best.
3. Rose Icing: Roses, roses, can’t imagine love without it. Be a home baked cake or the one from a baker, if you have the slightest idea of icing you can do wonders to your cake by icing the cake with roses. What better, you can colour the butter cream to compliment the cake base or the flavour. Try red or white with white vanilla cake, yellow for a butterscotch cake, chocolate or red with the chocolate cake base, pink on a strawberry cake. Even more, with a little practice you can make multi-colour rose swirls. All you’ll need is the butter cream, food colour and the 1M tip (or any large open star tip) for the pastry bag. Imagine red rose swirls on a red velvet cake….so romantic!
4. Cupid’s Arrow: No baking or icing skills? We’ve got an even easier idea for you. Just buy a cupid’s arrow from supermarket and put it across the heart shaped cake. Make sure that the arrow is either made out of wood or the food grade plastic.
5. Kisses: Want make the day a little more romantic? Just get hold of a few famous Hershey’s Kisses chocolate. Online order a white or a chocolate flavoured cake and just place some kisses on it, and give a twist to the day. Isn’t its grossly easy?
6. Hearts: So you want to stick to hearts? Ok, we won’t disappoint you, and share even a better idea. Just buy some pink, white or red fondant and cut hearts out of it with the help of mini fondant cutter. Place a little heart somewhere or splash these hearts all over.
7. Sugar balls/ Dragees: Another easy one. Recall the childhood cake with sugar balls at the edges of the cake? Yeah, the same sugar balls. All you need is a few sugar balls and the cake of your choice. Splash these silver balls over the cake, and even better make a heart with these over the cake. A round cake would be the best choice for this. Want to go colourful? Use dragees instead of sugar balls, and you are done.
8. Cake Topper: things can’t go easier than this. Just buy a Cake topper; you’ll easily get these in the superstores or the bakery next door. Chose the one that conveys the message of love, or the one that suits his magnetic personality.
9. Candles: Yes, the evergreen candles. Now days we get candles in so many shapes and sizes. Pinks, whites and mauves suit the soft occasions best. Chose flowers, hearts, fairies, or just anything that you like. Already a couple? Pick a numbered candle for the number of years you’ve been together for.
10. Love Letter: This can never go wrong. Just have your little massage of love written on the cake with the help of the pastry bag, and let him know “how much you love him”. A red velvet cake with message in pink will make all the difference.
Now you are all set to win his heart. Go girl, order your cake online, and pick one of these simple ideas and let him know that you’ll always walk an extra mile for him.